Be real online
Would you trust a four star user review, or a flashy marketing campaign with all the latest buzz words to describe a service or product? Would you be more compelled to open an email newsletter if it is speaking to your personal needs, or one that’s selling down your throat?
Personalised marketing is marketing that’s made for humans. It’s akin to the waiter who remembers your order, and the individuals who are proud to speak about what you do. We are humans communicating with humans, at the end of the day.
3 ways to put the person in personalised marketing:
- Speak directly to your customer.
- Use first names to address email recipients.
- Use personal pronouns (I, you, we …) instead of referring to ‘they’ or ‘customers’.
- Let the customer speak for you.
- Request and share testimonials from your customers, via email newsletters, social media, and in your website content.
- Create content that will compel your customers to share it - word of mouth is still the most powerful marketing tool.
- Speak to the customer’s perspective.
- FAQs are your greatest tool for ensuring content caters to your customers’ personal needs: create content that answers the most common questions your prospects seek answers to.
- Speak first to what your customers want and second to what you think you want to say - listen to objections and make a point of ensuring your marketing resolves these queries.
Person to person, is the marketing arena we now play in. Unless your content is personalised, you are only going to reach the market on a surface level. Take time to consider your market for yourself. And if you need a helping hand, we’ve got a few. Reach out and let us listen to your marketing needs - let’s find a solution together.